Responsibilities of the CSR Sustainability Promotion Committee
【Sustainable Manufacture 】
【Sustainable Product 】
【Risk Management 】
【Value Chain Management】
【Information Security 】
【Social Care 】
The operation and implementation of 2021 are as follows:
In addition to the sustainable development and promotion project and the joint efforts of each department, the resolutions for the discussion of major issues are as follows:
- Continue to strengthen corporate governance and revise succession plan for senior managers
- Conduct information security risk assessment and comprehensively improve the level of protection
- Continue to optimize energy efficiency, energy saving, reduce carbon emissions, and carry out a renewable energy plan in the next 5 years
- Strengthen the green supply chain, invite suppliers to implement the EcoVadis corporate social responsibility evaluation. The goal is to complete the EcoVadis evaluation card for top 20 suppliers by 2024.
The CSR committee held the Q1 2022 meeting. Discussed matters are as below:The CSR committee held the Q1 2022 meeting. Discussed matters are as below:
- Change the name of CSR Committee into ESG Committee
- To amend the material topic of the 2021 sustainability report
- To approve the planning: CDP – climate change and CSA questionnaire
- Convene TCI Group's Supplier Conference
TCI Group Climate Action Initiative
Supply Chain Management
Supplier Code of Conduct
To improve the sustainable development of the supply chain, TCI promulgates the Supplier Code of Conduct to ensure that the suppliers comply with laws and regulations in providing products and services (including labor, health and safety, and environmental standards). In addition, proactively respond to current environmental protection and social issues and dare to bear corporate social responsibility, and continue to achieve improvement. For new suppliers, the Company issues supplier self-assessment forms as a reference for evaluating cooperation and encourages the signing of the Supplier Code of Conduct. TCI will formally audit new suppliers who pass the initial review to ensure the overall quality of TCI’s production process.
In addition to obtaining international certifications such as ISO, SEDEX, HACCP, and others, in line with the trend of sustainable development, TCI includes ESG self-assessment items for the protection of human rights, labor rights, health and safety, and environmental protection in the supplier self-assessment form as essential points for supplier assessment, to reduce the sustainability risks arising in the supply chain and enhance the overall sustainability of the value chain.
Supplier Risk Management Messures
Based on the result of the supplier sustainability risk assessment, TCI manage suppliers sustainability risks in three main ways:
- For key suppliers, we communicate with them through monthly supplier meetings and review their sustainability performance at least once every six months.
- Encourage suppliers who already work with TCI to sign the Supplier Code of Conduct, which regulates human rights, labor, health, and safety, environment, and ethical standards.
- TCI advises suppliers on sustainable development and its corresponding solutions and assists supply chain partners in setting sustainability goals during monthly supplier meetings.
Regarding suppliers with excellent ESG performance, TCI recognizes them at supplier conferences, links their ESG points to future collaborations and purchases, and assists suppliers with alliances with large strategic biotech industries to expand their potential business partners.